OctaNE OCP 3.0
OctaNE, a cluster of eight CoEs in the Northeast is inviting applications from the Startups/ Entrepreneurs for Open challenge Program in domain in IoT in Agriculture, Animation, Emerging Tech-AR/VR,IT Applications in Graphic Design, Gaming & Entertainment, Data Analytics & AI, IT Applications in Healthcare & Agritech and GIS Applications (incl. Drone Technology).
Open Challenge Program (OCP) is a platform where a Start-up gets an opportunity to get selected for CoEs to solve problems through innovative solutions. The objective of Open Challenge Program (OCP) is to identity, recognize & reward aspiring and early-stage tech entrepreneurs. This platform facilitates aspiring entrepreneurs and innovators and their success through strategic networking, seed funding, mentoring, providing support for training, marketing, patenting, access to the CoE labs, tools, software and state-of-the-art incubation facility.
The objectives of opening these CoEs are:
- To incubate start-ups in new and emerging technologies in the areas of electronics and IT;
- To provide a robust platform for start-ups, with single umbrella support services like mentorship, seed capital assistance, marketing support (incl. IPR protection) etc.;
- To create employment opportunities in new innovative start-ups;
- To develop a tinkering and innovation culture amongst students and professionals by establishing innovation zones for start-ups;
- Identification of the core problems of the local industry and finding solutions, and
- To facilitate E-Commerce activities and applications
WHO CAN APPLY
- The start-up should be incorporated as a Private Limited Company (as defined in the Companies Act, 2013) or Registered Partnership Firm (Regd. under section 59 of the Partnership Act, 1932) or Limited Liability Partnership (under the Liability Partnership Act 2008). The date of registration/incorporation should not be beyond 10 years. If a company is not registered, an application may be made in the names of the promoters/founders. However, the promoters/founders must ensure that the company is registered within a period of 3 months from the date of selection for CoE.
- Start-up should have an annual turnover not exceeding Rs. 100 crore for any of the financial years since its incorporation.
- Entity should not have been formed by splitting up or reconstructing an already existing business.
- Entity should be working towards innovation, development or improvement of products, services or processes and should have the potential to generate employment/create wealth.
A CoE in IoT in Agriculture at Guwahati, Animation at Shillong, Emerging Tech-AR/VR at Imphal, IT Applications in Graphic Design at Kohima, Gaming & Entertainment at Aizawl, Data Analytics & AI at Agartala, IT Applications in Healthcare &Agritech at Gangtok and GIS Applications (incl. Drone Technology) at Itanagar.
- IoT in Agriculture
- Emerging Technologies in AR/VR
- IT Application in Graphic Design
- Gaming & Entertainment
- Data Analytics & AI
- IT Appliations in Healthcare & Agritech
- GIS Application (incl. Drone Technology)
Facilities & Services
The services available for the beneficiaries of OctaNE shall include
- Physical infrastructure including 1000-seater state-of-the-art incubation (200-Guwahati, 150-Shillong, 100-Imphal,150-Agartala and 100 at each -Kohima, Aizawl, Gangtok, Itanagar)
- E-Commerce Facilitation and Tinkering Lab
- Financial Support through seed funding
- Technical Support
- Marketing Support
- IPR/Patenting Facilitation
- Legal, Accounting & other support Service
Target Beneficiaries: 367 start-ups are expected to be benefitted over a period of 5 Years.
Application submission start date
Application submission end date
Announcement of Result
Note: Dates are subject to change. Kindly check the portal regularly for latest information.