CHUNAUTI 4.0 - STPI BHUBANESWAR
Next Generation Incubation Scheme (NGIS) is STPI’s comprehensive incubation scheme which has a vision to drive the rise of India as a Software Product Nation so as to make India a global player in development, production and supply of Innovative, Efficient and Secure Software Products thus facilitating the growth across the entire spectrum of ICT sector as envisioned in the National Policy on Software Products (NPSP) – 2019.
NextGen Start-up Challenge Contest (CHUNAUTI – Challenge Hunt Under NGIS for Advanced Uninhibited Technology Intervention) is a series of online Challenges under NGIS.
STPI has been strengthening the start-up ecosystem, through policies, initiatives, and creation of 360-degree ecosystem. In recent years deep-Tech sector has taken shape and various innovative solutions are being developed by Startups, Innovators & Researcher in India. Through CHUNAUTI 4.0 STPI at NGIS-Bhubaneswar location is looking to identify and support promising start-up working in Deep-Tech sector with focus on sectors like Emerging Technologies, Healthcare, Industrial Automation, Disaster Management, Smart City Solutions, Agri-Tech, Education, Energy etc. As in the previous contests, selected startups would be given physical infrastructure, funding assistance, access to networks, connects, learning and resources that are needed to build a scalable, profitable and global business.
WHO CAN APPLYThe eligibility criteria for a start-up to apply in the CHUNAUTI4.0 program shall be as follows:
• The challenge invites the proposals/applications from Indian Start-ups# who are working in domain related to software product development.
• Start-ups registered with DPIIT under start-up India programme are encouraged to participate in this programme.
• Individual Academicians, Researchers, Educators, Entrepreneurs, partnership firms, LLPs may also participate, however, if they are selected then they will have to register as private limited company in a stipulated time (preferably within 3 months).
#At least 51% shareholding with Indian citizen or person of Indian origin. The applicant’s entity should not be a subsidiary company of any foreign corporation.
The Start-ups submitting the proposals/applications can be in any of the following stages.
• Ideation Stage Start-up: An individual or team of individuals has an innovative product idea and wish to focus on developing that idea into a business.
• Validation Stage Start-up: A validated proof-of-concept exists in a way that the prototype is anticipated to be ready in the foreseeable future. Alternatively, the prototype is ready and awaiting testing and validation.
•Early Traction Start-up: The product has been validated and the start-up needs support in establishing itself as a business.
•Scaling Stage Start-up: The start-up has initial revenue from customers and needs support in scaling its business & product portfolio.
IDEA/ PRODUCT/ SOLUTION FOCUS
• Startups, Innovators working in Deep-Tech Technology sectors including Embedded system, Robotics, IoT, Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Deep Learning etc.
• Edu-Tech applications to facilitate smart learning using Latest Technology applications such as AR/VR, Natural Language Processing (NLP), AI Enabled Interactive Learning, Learning through Gamification etc.
• Software Solutions in healthcare to facilitate smart solutions such as Telemedicine, Early Diagnosis of vital diseases, Hospital data management etc.
• IT/ESDM solutions to solve challenges faced in Mining Industry, Energy Sector and other industries by using innovative technologies including Internet of Things (IoT), Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), Wireless sensor network, Wearable Technologies etc.
• IT/ESDM solutions to Predict, Manage, Prevent the pre and post Disaster impacts using innovative Technology applications.
• Smart city solutions which can be implemented across smart cities to solve problems in areas such as Traffic Management, Safety & Surveillance, Energy conservation, Sewage Management, Waste segregation & Management, Lighting etc.
• Agri-Tech Solutions using Technology areas such as Robotics, Sensor Application, UAV, IoT, Computer Vision, Software application etc.
• IT/ESDM solutions to facilitate Energy monitoring, Logging, Conservation and Domestic/Corporate automation using Embedded system, IoT and sensor networks.
• Solutions based on Renewable energy sources such as Solar, Wind etc. and other energy saving sources which focuses on Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
FOCUS AREASStartups having innovative Idea/Product/Solution focused including but not limited to the following:
• Emerging Technologies
• Industrial Automation
• Disaster Management
• Smart City Solutions
SELECTION PROCESSScreening, Evaluation & Selection: √ Designated Committee(s) shall be formed for Screening, Evaluation & Selection. √ All the applications received shall be subject to a rigorous centralized multi-tier screening process with involvement of appropriate experts from respective domain and/or location as deemed fit. √ Decision of the designated Committee(s) shall be final & binding on all.
DURATION√ Duration of NGIS is 3 years. √ Selected individual beneficiary start-up can avail benefits of NGIS in three phases of Nurture, Develop & market extended over 2 years.
OFFERINGS• Ready to work Plug-n-Play incubation space along with highspeed internet access within the constraint of lockdown & thereafter.
• Networking opportunities/Industry connect and Go-to market support for exhibiting/showcasing products/solutions through various National/International events/workshops/exhibitions.
• Full-fledged security & vulnerability testing of Software Products through the dedicated Software Product Security Testing (SPST) facility.
• Access to VCs for funding support.
• Advisory Services such as HR, Legal, Accounting, IPR/Patenting and other support services.
• Facilities and services including mentoring, networking/industry connects, marketing support, etc. of the pan-India domain specific CoEs of STPI may be leveraged.
• Mentor, experts, industry network of STPI and MSH.
INCENTIVES• A seed funding of upto Rs. 25.00 Lakhs will be provided through Financial Institution to each beneficiary/supported Start-ups selected through CHUNAUTI under NGIS based on innovative idea, novel solutions, strong team & sound business proposal.
√ Disbursal of seed fund to Start-ups will be based on milestones achieved,periodic review and recommendations.
√ Seed funding to Start-ups will be against equity participation by STPI or its affiliate.
• Start-ups who are in ideation stage may be selected under pre-incubation programme & mentored for up to six months to evolve their business plan & solution around the proposed idea. Each intern/employee (max 3 interns/employees per start-up under pre-incubation) will be paid stipend/internship of Rs. 10,000/- per month initially for 3 months (maximum up to 6 months).
• Cloud Credits from leading third-party service providers.
Application submission start date
Application submission end date
Evaluation,Shortlisting & Selection
Announcement of Result
Note: Dates are subject to change. Kindly check the portal regularly for latest information.