Image 3rd Cohort
“IMAGE”, a Centre of Excellence for Gaming, Animation, VFX, Computer Vision, and AI Start-Ups, is a flagship initiative by STPI – Hyderabad, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India and Government of Telangana, in Collaboration with TVAGA (Telangana VFX, Animation and Gaming Association), HYSEA, IIIT Hyderabad, TIE Hyderabad, Hyderabad Angels, and SucSEEDInnovationn Fund.
IMAGE CoE runs a six-month accelerator program for Gaming, Animation, VFX, and Computer Vision&AI Start-Ups and provides mentor support, seed funding, product growth exercises, the opportunity to raise their subsequent round of funding through our investment partners, and other valuable resources/support.
Eligibility Criteria for IMAGE CoE
- • Start-ups registered with DPIIT under start-up India programme are encouraged to participate in this programme. The definition of Start-ups prescribed by DPIIT is reproduced below and subject to change from time to time.
- • Company Registration: The start-up must be registered/incorporated within last 10 years as on date of opening of challenge.
- • Annual Turnover: Start-up should have an annual turnover not exceeding Rs. 100 crore for any of the financial years since its incorporation.
- • Original Entity: Entity should not have been formed by splitting up or reconstructing an already existing business.
- • Innovative & Scalable: Entity working towards innovation, development or improvement of products, processes or services or if it is a scalable business model with high potential of employment generation or wealth creation.
- • Individual Academicians, Researchers, Educators, Entrepreneurs, partnership firms, LLPs may also participate. However, if they are selected then they will have to register as private limited company in a stipulated time (preferably within 3 months).
FOCUS AREASThe Start-ups are expected to be in the following domains
Computer Vision and AI
- • To nurture and develop the ecosystem for innovation in ot.
- • To seed and support start-ups in the Gaming, VFX, Computer Vision & AI Industry under strategic guidance by technology leaders and domain experts.
- • To create / provide access to the required infrastructure and R & D / lab facilities for start-ups for development and validation of solution from design to prototyping to democratize innovation in collaboration with Government, Industry and academia.
- • To provide business and technological mentorship & guidance in the domain, networking services linking up with funding sources and other.
- • To provide support for creation of IPs domestically and legal consultancy services.
SELECTION PROCESSIMAGE Accelerator Program would be organized into three (3) phases.
Phase-1:Applications from start-ups are invited through an online contest portal
Phase-2: Shortlisting of applications having a strong potential through initial scrutiny
Phase-3: Selection of start-ups through the pitch-in session.
PROGRAM DURATION6 Months
OFFERINGSa) State-of-the-art plug and play incubation space of 10,000 Sq ft.
b) Seed funding to selected start-ups from IMAGE CoE
c) 30 Lakh Seed Fund to eligible start-ups from SucSEED Innovation Fund
d) Technology, Domain & Strategic Mentoring
e) Demo day pitch training & funding opportunity with investors
f) Plug & Play Infrastructure support
g) Access to Mocap Studio & CVAI Lab
h) IPR Related Support Services
Application submission start date
Application submission end date
Evaluation,Shortlisting & Selection
Announcement of Result
Note: Dates are subject to change. Kindly check the portal regularly for latest information.