IMAGE CoE is an initiative by STPI at Hyderabad to provide resources such as mentoring, technology support and funding for Gaming, Animation, VFX, Computer Vision and AI start-ups. IMAGE offers integrated programs, CVLAB and GameLab, for start-ups to scale up through its incubation facility
Who can apply:• The IMAGE CoE invites the proposals/applications from Indian Start-ups who are working in Gaming, Animation, VFX and CVAI
• Start-ups registered with DPIIT under start-up India programme are encouraged to participate in this programme. The definition of Start-ups prescribed by DPIIT is reproduced below and subject to change from time to time.
Company Registration: The start-up must be registered/incorporated within last 10 years as on date of opening of challenge.
Annual Turnover: Start-up should have an annual turnover not exceeding Rs. 100 crore for any of the financial years since its incorporation.
Original Entity: Entity should not have been formed by splitting up or reconstructing an already existing business.
Innovative and Scalable: Entity working towards innovation, development or improvement of products, processes or services or if it is a scalable business model with high potential of employment generation or wealth creation.
• Individual Academicians, Researchers, Educators, Entrepreneurs, partnership firms, LLPs may also participate. However, if they are selected then they will have to register as private limited company in a stipulated time (preferably within 3 months).
Focus Areas:The Start-ups are expected to be in the following domains Gaming
Computer Vision and AI
Selection Process:IMAGE Accelerator Program would be organized in three (3) phases.
Phase-1:Applications from start-ups are invited through an online contest portal
Phase-2: Shortlisting of Ideas, POCs and Solutions having strong potential through initial scrutiny
Phase-3: Selection of start-ups for this program through pitch-in session.
Offerings:Benefits to IMAGE CoE Start-ups:
• 5 Lakh seed fund to selected start-ups from IMAGE CoE
• Plug & Play Infrastructure up to 5 seats for selected start-up
• Access to Mocap & CVAI Lab
• Access to Meetings room, Conference room and Preview theatre
• Mentor Network for Gaming, VFX, Animation & CV, AI. Mentor Network will provide Technology Mentoring, Domain Mentoring, Strategy Mentoring, End to End market support.
• Market access through the Industry associations like HYSEA, TVAGA, TiE Hyderabad and IIIT
• Access to Investors (Angle Fund + VC Network) through Hyderabad Angles
• Access to Credits from the ECO system partners like Facebook, Microsoft, etc
• Sponsorship to National level events to showcase your products
• Access to National wise STPI CoEs Network
• IPR Related Support Services
Application submission start date
Application submission end date
Note: Dates are subject to change. Kindly check the portal regularly for latest information.