OctaNE Open Challenge Program
OctaNE, a cluster of eight CoEs in the Northeast is inviting applications from the Startups/ Entrepreneurs for Open challenge Program in domain in IoT in Agriculture, Animation, Emerging Tech-AR/VR,IT Applications in Graphic Design, Gaming & Entertainment, Data Analytics & AI, IT Applications in Healthcare &Agritech and GIS Applications (incl. Drone Technology).
Open Challenge Program (OCP) is a platform where a Start-up gets an opportunity to get selected for CoEs to solve problems through innovative solutions. The objective of Open Challenge Program (OCP) is to identity, recognize & reward aspiring and early-stage tech entrepreneurs. This platform facilitates aspiring entrepreneurs and innovators and their success through strategic networking, seed funding, mentoring, providing support for training, marketing, patenting, access to the CoE labs, tools, software and state-of-the-art incubation facility.
The objectives of opening these CoEs are:
- To incubate start-ups in new and emerging technologies in the areas of electronics and IT;
- To provide a robust platform for start-ups, with single umbrella support services like mentorship, seed capital assistance, marketing support (incl. IPR protection) etc.;
- To create employment opportunities in new innovative start-ups;
- To develop a tinkering and innovation culture amongst students and professionals by establishing innovation zones for start-ups;
- Identification of the core problems of the local industry and finding solutions, and
- To facilitate E-Commerce activities and applications