IoT Open Challenge Program (OCP) 4.0
CoE- STPI IoT Open Lab aims to support & nurture around 500 start-ups over a period of 5 years. The initiative is expected to contribute to Make-in-India & Digital India programmes of Govt. of India by reducing Electronics imports and recognize value of IP & Technology locally. Software Technology Parks of India (STPI), under Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY), Govt. of India in collaboration with Arrow Electronics has setup Centre of Entreprenurship “STPI IoTOpen Lab” located at Electronics city, Phase-1 Bengaluru, to promote the startups in IoT domain. STPI CoE- IoTOpenLab has become Operational since 21st September 2020.
The STPI IoT OpenLab provides two models (Complete Package Model (CP) & Associate Membership (AM) Model) to support IoT startups.
WHO CAN APPLYThe STPI IoT Open Lab invites the proposals/applications from Electronic Hardware Start-ups who would like to use T& M equipment, tools, sample bank of electronics etc. for more information visit: http://www.iotopenlab.stpi.in
The start-up must be incorporated as a
• Private Limited Company (as defined in the Companies Act, 2013) or
• Registered Partnership Firm (Regd. under section 59 of the Partnership Act, 1932) or
• Limited Liability Partnership (under the Liability Partnership Act 2008)
The date of registration/incorporation must not be beyond 10 years.
Start-up should have an annual turnover not exceeding Rs. 100 crore for any of the financial years since its incorporation.
Original Entity :
Entity should not have been formed by splitting up or reconstructing an already existing business.
Innovative & Scalable:
Entity working towards innovation, development or improvement of products, processes or services or if it is a scalable business model with high potential of employment generation or wealth creation.
Terms & Conditions
• Each start-up have to pay one time Registration Charges of Rs 10,000. visit: http://www.iotopenlab.stpi.in for more information.
• Each start-up have to book the time slot in advance
• The start-up who wish to avail STPI physical incubation space may approach STPI. The allocation, charges and T&C shall be as per STPI Incubation norms
• Any specific sample /component required by start-up, which is not in the list of the sample bank of electronics shall be arranged by start-up themselves
- Electronic Hardware Startups in the domain of IoT.
SELECTION PROCESSIoTOpenLab Selection Process would be organized in three (3) phases.
Phase-1:Applications from start-ups are invited through an online contest portal
Phase-2: Shortlisting of Ideas, POCs and Solutions having strong potential through initial scrutiny
Phase-3: Selection of start-ups for this program through pitch-in session.
DURATION• Application submission– Start Date 30th December, 2021
• Application submission– End Date 29th January 2022
OFFERINGS● Ready-to-Work Plug & Play space as per requirement.
● Access to T&M Equipment, Tools and Sample Bank of Electronics.
● Full-time onsite experienced application engineering team and Technical and Business Mentoring by Chief Mentor.
● Seed support of Rs.2.5Lakhs per start-up is available for the physically incubated company.
● High Speed Internet Access.
● Mentor Network.
● Market access through the Industry associations like IESA, TiE.
● Access to Credits from the ECO system partners like Mathworks, AWS, etc.
● Sponsorship to National level events to showcase your products.
● Access to Nationwide STPI CoEs Network.
● Invitations to all Technical Seminars / Workshops
● Access to Funding agencies / VCs.
● Access to Investors / Banks.
● IPR Related Support Services.
Application submission start date
Application submission end date
completion of screening
Final Pitch in front of Select Committee Panel
Announcement of Shortlisted Applicants
Note: Dates are subject to change. Kindly check the portal regularly for latest information.